Haydom Lutheran Hospital has a guesthouse that accommodates its guests. It consists of 12 single, twin or double rooms with bathrooms and a number of family houses with one or more bedrooms and kitchen facilities.
Meals can be taken at the Guesthouse dining hall.
It’s important to notice that Haydom can’t always provide accommodation for all visitors. In that case, we can help to find accommodations in the local area.
Students who do their elective at Haydom are obliged to make use of the guesthouse accommodation. When they are accepted we also reserve the guesthouse-room so for them the accommodation is guaranteed.
When you stay at the guesthouse, you have to take the following prices and routines into account:
Prices at the Guesthouse (from 1/7/2012):
Prices for the accommodation are:
- if you stay less than a month: $20 per person per night *
- if you stay more than a month and you are working as doctor, medical student, nurse student of volunteer: $15 per person per night *
- if you stay more than a month and you are coming with your family you might occupy a family house (depending on availability); price will be $40 per night for the whole house
- if you are a doctor or experienced volunteer and you stay more than 3 months: free
- for volunteers staying more than 6 months we allow their parents or children that want to come over for vacation free accommodation for a maximum of 3 weeks per year
Toilet paper, clean towels and drinking water you can get from the kitchen staff.
Note that all prices mentioned are per person per day, regardless which accommodation. The prices we ask for the guesthouse also include other costs we make for you, like the use of internet, the coaching for students etc. We do not charge an application fee or entry fee like some other hospitals do.
Prices and times for meals at the guest house:
Mon-Fr: 7:00 am – 8:00 am
Sat-Sun: 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Mon-Fr: 12:00 am – 13:00 pm
Sat-Sun: 13:00 pm – 14:00 pm
Mon-Sun: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
If you are staying for a long time and will eat at the dining hall every day, you might want to bring your favorite spreads for your sandwich.
There is an ATM at the hospital grounds, you can use your VISA or Mastercard. Traveller’s cheques are of no use here. The guesthouse you can also pay by banktransfer to our Norwegian account.
If you want to stay in the guesthouse, please contact: expats(a)haydom.co.tz
More information you find here: